Celebrating an anniversary or a birthday without a cake, can’t image at all. In fact it is a crime. Cake and its candle is also the central character of your event. But when the matter is for our special one, like mother, father or the beloved then you will definitely want to do something special. If you are decided that you will make a handmade sponge cake then I must say you are just awesome.
Sponge cake is a fat free cake so you can easily make that with a less effort and lots of care and love in it. It is a plain cake but good to eat. For making this easy sponge cake at home you need to arrange some ingredients all together because after putting the pan on an oven you can’t move from there. So be prepared and let gets start.
Ingredients need to make sponge cake: To prepare the sponge cake, you first need to arrange the ingredients. So here is the list,
- 3 small eggs/ 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour which you can used for all purpose.
- 1 cup white sugar
- A bit of butter. ( if you don’t want it, don’t use it)
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of milk or cold water.
After collecting this you need to follow some steps to make the special sponge cake.
Follow the steps and make your cake just like the bakery.
- Make sure that all ingredients are placed near you: When you are making a sponge cake, you can’t get the time too much to think or measuring the perfect amount of ingredients. This cake is a time sensitive cake.
- First of all preheat the oven to 375°F
- Then spray some cooking oil or butter in the pan. But if you don’t want to use anyone of them then you can use the parchment paper.
- You can sift the baking powder into the flour before your starting.
- Break the eggs into a big bowl/ mixing bowl: To mix the eggs properly, use the electronic blender. Before using the eggs , make sure that they are in room or normal temperature.
- Add the Sugar: Sugar is an important thing while making a cake. So after adding the sugar into the eggs mixer mixed it well until the color come a pale yellow.
- Mix the cold water now: This is the time when you have to prepare your batter, so mixed it properly until the batter becomes smooth. If you want an airy cake then shift you’re the flour well before you mix. For the spongy cake sift the all-purpose flour and then add the cold water to make a thick batter for your special handmade cake.
- Now pour it into a Pan: This is the time when you can see your result. Everything is ready now; you just now pour the batter in to the pan and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes. The oven temperature I have already mentioned above.
- Check your cake: Spongy cake is a very sensitive cake. So you should always be careful. How can you understand whether the cake is done or undone? Touch the cake gently with your finger, if it spring back then it is done. If you still in confused then take a tooth pick or fork and gently insert it in the center of the cake. If the tooth pick and fork is clean then your cake is fully prepared.
- Decorate it well: After removing from the oven, let the cake cool for 20 minutes before removing it from the cake pan. As you have used the butter or oil on the pan then you can now loosen it with the point of knife and decorate it with some fruits and candle for your special one.
A special handmade recipe of spongy cake is well prepared and now it is time to party. Let’s the party begin.