10 Best Rolling Suitcases for Toddlers
It was my little ones 3rd birthday the other day and we all know how confusing it gets to gift our loved one’s the perfect present especially when it’s a baby. Hence, this time around I thought of ditching the traditional toys and gifting him something of use.
The first thing that came in my mind was a little rolling suitcase. I browsed through amazon.com and here is a list of best rolling suitcases perfect for our toddler.
- Skip Hop Kids Luggage with Wheels, Unicorn
With the highest reviews (966 to be precise) on Amazon this cute bag has to be on the top. Although it might seem a little pricey but multiple compartments and the adorable design of a cute unicorn really makes up for the bucks you spend.
- Dimensions- 12 x 5.5 x 16 inches
- An mesh water bottle holder made of elastic
- Removable 13 inch handle
- BPA and Phthalate Free
- Front pockets for all the last minute stuff.
- Weighs just 2.25 pounds without any luggage
- Loads of Space for all your kids little trips to relatives
- Removable parent strap
- Light weight
- Unisex design, both your son and daughter can enjoy the bag
- Little too pricy, might not be every parent’s choice
- Prone to getting dirty, you know how your kids could be. The light colours attract dirt and grime
2. Nickelodeon Dora the Explorer Suitcase Rolling Luggage
Not necessarily for my baby boy but for all the mothers of little girls, the bag is perfect. Included this specially for my neighbour who recently bought this for her daughter and the bag looks loveable. The best part about it is its price. It fits right where everyone can afford it.
- 25 inches high and 11.75 inches wide
- Adjustable Handles that moves up to 11 inches
- Just 1.55 pounds in weight
- Famous Dora the explorer design
- Adorable design that looks sturdy
- Affordable pricing
- Multipurpose; the space allows the bag to be used for both travel and schooling purposes
- Wheels sometimes may not provide the right balance for drag
- Bag has just one large compartment.
- The bag is made of metals and plastic. Keeping the bag around your kid can be dangerous sometime
- Can only be dragged or lifted as it lacks shoulder straps.
3. Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Luggage
A 4.5 star on Amazon with more than 554 reviews, the bag is best in the category. Stephen Joseph is a name in the kid’s products section. Multiple compartments, beautiful design and overall durability are the plus points of the bag however; the major concern is the price. We can go as far as to say that the bag is amongst the costliest in the category.
- 5 x 18 x 14.5 inches in dimension
- Weighs 2.7 pounds
- Made with Polyester
- Extendable Handle
- Side and font pockets
- Varied compartments provide ample space
- The colourful pattern fits right with the girls
- Durable design
- The skate wheels look like they can take up any terrain
- The price tag is a heart breaker
- Not unisex, only for girls
- Average flour design might not be every kids attraction
4. Yodo Zoo 3 Way Toddler Backpack
I wanted to go with this bag because of my kid’s love for animals. Not too expensive neither too cheap, the bag looks cute and provides good space for all your kids stuff for a short trips to grandparents. The best part about the bag is it can easily fit in with other line of Yodo kids products.
- Multipurpose- can be used as hand bag, luggage carrier or a Backpack.
- 5 x 4.5 x 14.5 are the bags dimensions
- Extra front pouch for space for small items
- Side Mesh for water bottles
- Light weight- just 1.9 pounds
- The extra padding on the bag for shoulder straps
- Cute dinosaur face
- Adjustable Handles
- Easy conversion from backpack to luggage carrier
- Not big enough for long trips
- Carrying it on the shoulders can hurt your kids back sometimes
5. Disney Pixar Cars 2 Rolling Suitcase
No one knows kids better then Disney. Their characters are loved by children across the globe. The Cars 2 Macqueen edition rolling luggage would make your kid jump with excitement. A little concern over price should be there however being an official Disney product you can count on the quality of the suitcase
- Disney cars Lightning Macqueen shaped and designed suitcase
- Weighs 4 pounds
- 10 x 5 x 16 inches in dimension
- Comes with carrying strap
- Large zip compartment
- The design will make your kid fall in love with the bag
- Extendable handle
- Provides large enough space
- Heavier on the pocket- You can go for a spacious and much durable bag in the same price category
- The weight is too much
- Looks more like a toy than a suitcase
6. HAUPTSTADTKOFFER Kids Luggage Children’s Luggage Suitcase
You might say that the design is too simple; I would say the suitcase is designed for business. The simple colour makes the bag look elite. With long adjustable handle, 360 wheels and spacious design the bag is definitely meant for long travels. If you are planning to take your kid out for a long journey then this bag is for you.
- 4 Wheels on all directions
- Made with hard case material
- Glossy print
- One large zipper
- Aluminium handles
- The 4 wheels allow 360 degree mobility
- The telescopic handles makes dragging the bag easier
- Does not weighs a lot
- Durable external surface
- Way to expensive
- Dull design, Not very appealing to kids
- The wheels make the bag a good toy to play with for the kids
7. Trunki Original Kids Ride- On Suitcase
If you are wondering about gifting your kid a toy or a suitcase then you should definitely have a look at the Trunki Original Kids Ride- on Suitcase. The product is a suitcase and a toy. The 4 wheels and hard shell make the bag the perfect ride on toy.
- Comfortable Saddle
- External Locks
- Horn grips work as steer
- 18L capacity
- Stretchable strap
- No more carrying your baby in one hand and their luggage in other. The bag is perfectly designed for your kid to have a comfortable seat while you drag the luggage along
- Spacious for clothes and other items
- Not travelling? No worries, the kids can use the luggage as a toy
- Consumes a lot of space while travelling
- Carrying both the luggage and the kid on top of it can be a little tiring
8. LeLeTian Kids Luggage Cute Animal Owl Hard-shell Lightweight Suitcase
Nothing is cuter than an owlie. Similar to the one above, LeLeTian Kids Luggage comes with wheels on each side that makes dragging the bag a lot more fun. The pink colour and cute owl makes the suitcase a perfect pick for your little daughter.
- External body is made of durable polycarbonate, ABS and nylon material
- 360 Roller Wheels for maximum Portability
- 2 x 8.7 x 18.1 inches in dimension
- 15 pounds in weight
- All the jumping and dropping would not affect the bag in any manner
- Spacious for all your kids clothes, toys and more
- Attractive design
- For kids aged 2 years all the way to 8 years old.
- The suitcase is pricy
- A little heavier when compared to other roller suitcases
9. Personalized Rolling Luggage For Kids By Lillian Vernon
Do you like camping and travelling long distances with your family? Because the bag is apt for such trips with your little one. Packed with a lot of fun and ample pockets, Lillian Vernon’s suitcases comes with sturdy design and 360 degree roller wheels.
- 5 Outside Zip Pockets
- PVC and polyester stitched design
- Extendable handle
- 34 inches in height, 12 inches in length and 5.5 inches in width
- Extremely light in weight
- Adjustable Handle
- Numerous pockets
- Price can be a concerning factor
10. Kids Dinosaur Luggage By iPlay
iplay has always been manufacturing products for kids. Its suitcase is funky in design and comes with add on backpack. It was amongst my top picks for my kid just for its beautiful design and durable built quality. With kids it is always important that the suitcase is durable and strong. You know kids, they will sit on it play with it and would do all sorts of things. Hence, durability should always be the primary point of selection.
- Made with ABS material
- Hard exterior body
- Add on backpack
- 05 pounds in weight
- Unisex design
- Durable body
- Adorable design
- Apt for kids between age 2 to 10 years old
- The bag is heavy
- Can only be used when travelling long distances
11. Trunki Original Kids Ride-On Suitcase and Carry-On Luggage
Well this is your family travel friend and your child’s boredom buster. Trunki Original Kids Ride on Suitcase with wheels comes to you in four colours to choose from. Is it good for carry on in airports? Almost every time, yes it is so, you don’t have to worry about travel woes with a toddler and just get them something they can be independent and playful with.
So, next time you are travelling get your kid something they will enjoy throughout and keeps you stress free no matter how far you are travelling.
- Patented secure catches with lock.
- Comfy saddle: For resting tired legs.
- Horn grips: To steer your Trunki.
- Carry handles: Easy to grab in a rush
- Soft rubber: To protect little fingers
- Internal pocket: for special treasures
- Elastic straps: Teddy bear seatbelts
- 18L capacity: Lots of space to pack
- You get a secure catch
- Trunki strap added
- Stress Free
- Can be expensive
These were my top picks for toddler’s suitcases. Forget toys and gift your kids something that would be with them for longer. If looking for a suitcase, don’t wander around narrow down your choices from these options. Remember to consider factors like price, durability and overall design before zeroing in on a particular suitcase. Also make sure your little one shows interest in the design of the bag to after all it is he who would be growing up with it.