10 Best Ride on Suitcases for Toddlers, Kids Best Buy Luggages
I have a three-year-old baby boy, Nathan. My first advice to all the expecting mothers out there is before you decorate your kids house and buy toys for them, get a roller suitcase. A toddler in your house is no less than an amusement for all of your peers. They are going to have frequent trips to grandpa’s, nephew’s, uncle’s and every other relative living in your vicinity.
I say this from my experience. Nathan spends most of his weekends with his grandparents. Initially I used to carry few of his things along in my purse and would just drop it at the grandparent. Who knew his stays would converge to be so frequent? Next, I found myself hunting for a roller suitcase for my baby boy.
One that carries all his things and is loved by him at the same time. After a lot of scavenging on the net I have shortlisted these 10 ride on suitcases for toddlers. Saving you the trouble, here is the list.
- Trunki Original Kids Ride-On Suitcase
This one comes first in the list, the sheer reason being its my kids favourite. The yellow colour bee depicts his favourite transformer the minute he saw the suitcase he became an instant fan.
- Multifunctional Straps
- Compact design
- Spacious Interior
- Soft rubber edges
- 53 pounds of Weight
- 18 liters of capacity
- The straps on each end of the bag is useful for both shoulder carriage and grip for when your child sits on it.
- The body is hard plastic and can easily carry your kids weight.
- Soft rubber protects little fingers from crashing.
- Does not allow enough space for all your kids little things.
- Moving the suitcase in directions would require a lot of yanking, eventually making you tired.
- Nickelodeon Paw Patrol Boys
The cartoon channel heartious to kids, Nickelodeon has introduced this cool blue roll on suitcase with “Paw Patrol” characters imprinted on it. The design is an instant hit among toddlers both boys and girls.
- 75 pounds in weight
- 5 x 12.4 x 9 inches in dimension
- The front wheels are “Multidirectional”.
- Removable Tether strap.
- The maximum recommended weight of 88 pounds
- Fabric lining
- Interior storage compartments
- The inside is extremely spacious and allows expanded storage.
- The multi-directional front wheels allow smooth directional changes.
- Easily pull able by kids too.
- Innovatively designed for comfortable seating position.
- The product is pricy.
- Does not cope well with rigid or rugged surfaces. If your kid is on board, he might just fall.
- There are no specific safety precautions one can take with the bag.
- The empty suitcase weight is too much for a bag.
- Emoji Kids Carry On Luggage
Emojis are a way of life now. I conveniently use them everyday in my life to communicate. Hence, this one is my favourite pick. The bag looks quirky with various colourful emoji’s on either ends.
- PC imported fabric lining composite exterior.
- Front wheels are larger and multi-directional.
- Weighs in at 5.1 pounds.
- 16 x 8 x 12 inches in dimensions.
- Double carry handles.
- The fixed rear wheels and large multi directional front wheels allows maximum mobility.
- Steers comfortably.
- Elastic straps that don't tear off easily.
- Enjoyed and played with by both boys and girls.
- Intelligently designed internal compartments for maximum space.
- Scratches can be a common thing for the suitcase.
- While kid on board you'll have to be extra cautious when pulling the bag around.
- IQ Toys Ride N Roll Suitcase
I got this one for my cousins daughter. Though there are no cartoon prints or designs, the pink and blue combination colours look graceful and adorable.
- Multifunctional design; sit, travel and store.
- Can effortlessly fit in the car trunk or under the seat.
- Maximum recommended weight of 75 pounds.
- 8 x 13.3 x 8.8 inches in dimension.
- 95 pounds of weight.
- Locked by a key unique to each suitcase.
- Pocket friendly.
- Adorable design commonly preferred by young girls.
- Compact design.
- Zipper closure and inside latch ensures all your stuff inside are in safety.
- The straps on the exterior body can also be used to carry the suitcase on the shoulders.
- The suitcase is not compartmentalized adequately.
- The body is not scratch proof.
- Not designed for long travels
- The built is not strong enough to hold kids for long.
- Wheels too are not very mobile.
- Melissa & Doug Trunki - Iris (Purple)
The reviews caught my attention for this one. It's rated at 4.2 stars on Amazon.com with more than a thousand reviews. In a single look, the bag comes off as a compact carry bag for toddlers.
- 36 months - 7 years recommended age of user for the bag.
- 55 pounds in weight.
- Holds weight of up to 75lbs.
- ABS / Polycarbonate body.
- Durable hard body.
- The trunk provided sturdy grip for kids to whirl the suitcase around.
- Design that allows easy over shoulder carriage.
- Colourful bright design.
- The size is not enough.
- The wheels do not allow smooth mobility.
- The bag can fall prey to scratches.
- VRÜM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toy Ride On Suitcase
The ninja turtles are kids favourite cartoon characters. Especially my son, he loves them. He owns ninja turtles backpack, toys and shoes a suitcase would just complete the collection. This suitcase makes it to the list for its absolute action adventure design that your bohemian kid will get attracted to in a second.
- 3 in one features- ride, stroll and store.
- Convenient for storing toys.
- Recommended age from 36 months to 15 years.
- 8 x 18 x 12.3 inches in dimensions.
- 66 pounds in weight.
- Dual purpose straps.
- Durable design.
- Strong straps.
- Attractive print; an easy attraction for young adventurous.
- Light weight.
- The kids can easily get a hang of the suitcase's functioning.
- Toddlers could find it difficult riding the suitcase since it is a little heightened and the seat is hard to sit on.
- Tips or falls over easily due to its lightweight.
Not compartmentalized in a way that it can be used for other things than toys.
- AmloidMolto Ride-On Suitcase
A sporty motorcycle styled suitcase that defines “ride on” perfectly. If your girl is amongst the ones who prefer fierce moving hard toys instead of the soft furry ones, this is going to be a delight for them.
- Only for kids 3 year and up.
- Weigh ins at 4.74 pounds
- 5 x 9.4 x 13.4 inches in dimension.
- Durable body.
- Apt pricing.
- With headlights and large tyres the body replicates a motorbike very evidently.
- The pink colour body will relate to your little princess instantly.
- Holds limited items inside it.
- Not easy to open and close due to the hard plastic design.
- COLOR TREE Kid's Ride On Roll Suitcase
We are coming towards the end of the list and now is the time to introduce some of the most pocket friendly ride on suitcases and this one is among them.
- Hard body with cute design.
- Works as school bag too.
- 5 gallon capacity.
- Weighs 5.2 pounds.
- 110 pounds of seated rider capacity.
- Chubby kids won't have a problem riding this thing, its capacity to hold is the highest in the list yet.
- It's toy to suitcase transition is very quick. The Detachable strap comes in handy for when the kid just wants to enjoy playing with the product.
- Cheap and bang for buck.
- The wheels don't adjust to the seating capacity; they are not very mobile.
- O-Toys 2 in 1 Kids Luggage Ride-On
More of a toy than a suitcase. The scooter design is very peculiar and precisely made. Your kid will depict a perfect traveler on this thing.
- Body constructed of ABS plastic.
- An additional organizer bag for quick items.
- 25 pounds
- Suitable for kids 2-6 years.
- The maximum capacity it can hold is up to 105.8 lbs.
- Colourful design; it's an eye catcher.
- Spacious and compartmentalized.
- Flexible wheels.
- 2 wheels instead of general 4 begs the question of stability.
- The kid alone cannot unpack or pack the suitcase.
- The price can be a little alarming.
- Monster Truck Design Kids Travel Suitcase
Lastly, the monster truck was my pick for the baby. Why? Since my kid is learning to walk I want him to do more of that than sit while I pull.
- Hard plastic body.
- Works as a stroller, suitcase and a perfect toy.
- Aluminium rod for pulling.
- Removable strap.
- All the using and pulling will do no harm to the hard body.
- Intelligently designed for maximum storage.
- Easy to open and close.
- Price tends to be on the higher end of the spectrum.
There is one for every kind of roll-on suitcase you'll want to have for your kid. These 10 picks are the best you can choose from for your little baby. Gift them one of these this season and enjoy travelling alongside them.
In the end, you need a luggage that helps you get around easier, especially with kids on board.